There are lots of benefits to baby massage including:
- Alleviating trapped wind, soothe colic and alleviate constipation.
- Ease the pain of teething.
- Help to open airways and improve baby's breathing.
- Alleviate the effects of post natal depression.
- Promote relaxation and can improve sleep, and the quality of sleep.
- Improve circulation.
- Strengthen and tone muscles, and promote growth.
- Affirming your bond with your baby.
- Helps you become more confident in handling your child and better at recognising their needs.
Although massage is beneficial for all babies, it is particularly useful for those with special needs, such as Down's syndrome or cerebral palsy, as it provides a unique way of communicating with and soothing them.
Baby massage is suitable from birth, but it is recommended to wait until the baby is at least 4 weeks old to ensure they gain the most from it. Baby massage can also be performed on premature babies.
The baby massage course runs over 4 weeks (1 hour each week) and costs £40, which includes handouts. The courses run for groups of up to 10 parents and babies. Baby massage courses are also available for private one to one sessions. Pricing is on request.
- Intoduction to baby massage
- Front and Chest
- Recap of first week
- Legs and feet
- Recap of weeks 1 and 2
- Arms and Hands
- Recap of previous weeks
For more information or to book a space on the next course please call Petra on: 07791863188 or email us at email@example.com